I had an elaborate plan for Halloween this year.
Sunshine has been missing for over a month now.
I have called animal shelters, driven 45 minutes back up to where we lost her to look around and gotten the word around via the internet any way I could.
I decided Halloween night would be the perfect time to hand out fliers since a lot of people would be home to pass out candy to trick or treaters.
I took a flier that I put together to a local print shop to have 50 fliers made up.
The gentleman that printed my fliers handed them back to me and said, "No charge. I hope you find your kitty." *happy little sob*
We started the day out early with a trip to the library.
After getting some books...and some goodies from one of the "story time" Moms, we headed out.
We drove to Horseheads, the town where we lost Sunshine.
We started at a few of the businesses next to the spot where she ran away.
I had at least 2 people say that they had seen her within the past week or so.
People were so caring.
You can tell fellow animal lovers by how they reacted
when I asked them to take a poster of our missing kitty.
One lady welled up with tears.
An older man said he would drive by the next day to look for her.
Next, we stopped by an animal shelter that has been particularly helpful in our search.
They have posted Sunshine's picture on their Facebook page for me numerous times.
We dropped off a flier...and stayed to play with the animals for a bit.
I wanted to take about 10 cats home with me.
Niyah made a friend while playing with the kittens. Her name is Sarah. They really hit it off with their mutual love for critters. I wish we didn't live so far away.
The Arnot Mall was hosting trick or treat that night also. We ended up walking around the mall. I handed out a few fliers to a couple small shops and the pet store while the kids got their buckets filled with candy.
About 6:30 we headed over to the little community behind the building where Sunshine got lost.
I ended up handing out all 50 fliers and the kids got more candy.
We actually got lost, as we parked the car and walked around the streets. By the time we were done, I couldn't figure out where we parked. I knew the street name, but not how to get back to it since it had gotten so dark. I ended up calling Nick and asked him to look up our location on Google maps.
Coincidentally, we were only one street over from where the car was parked.
I told the kids we would head home as soon as all the fliers were gone, which didn't take too long.
I am trying not to get my hopes up about Sunshine, but I have a really good feeling.
On our way home we saw a nice little buck just down the road from our house.
Once we were home, the kids got down to one of their favorite parts of trick or treating...
assessing the loot and trading for their favorites.
This was the scene about 30 minutes before they all crashed for the night.






No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing your thoughts! Thanks for commenting!