Monday, November 30, 2015

Family Fun Christmas Advent Calendar

We put up the Christmas Tree today. I did my best to be festive even though I am fighting a head cold. The kitty cats were helpful, as always. 



I also hung up our advent calendar. I have all of our activities planned out, although to keep things flexible, I don't assign them to a certain day until that morning. I have a few things scheduled in advance, but there are some days where "snuggle and watch Christmas movies" becomes a lot more doable than "bundle up and go caroling". And sometimes plans change or we get invited to go somewhere and need to rearrange the schedule a bit. In the end a few may get saved for next year, but we will do most of them, especially the ones that have been a big hit in years past. 

{Our Advent Calendar. The picture above the calendar is a plaque that I made in 1st grade}

Here, in no particular order, is what I have planned for this year:

*Camp out under the Christmas Tree
*Deliver Dog/Cat treats to the local animal shelter
*Be A Secret Santa- Random Acts of Kindness Day
*Make Christmas cookies. Eat Some. Deliver some to friends.
*Ring Bell for Salvation Army
*Make a Christmas log cabin (Log pretzels and frosting)
*Make Grinch floats (Green Sherbet and Sprite) and watch "The Grinch"
*Make Paper Snowflakes to hang from the ceiling
*All aboard the "mini-van express". Stop for hot chocolate "to go". Drive around and look at Christmas lights.
*Shop for each other/Mommy and Daddy
*Advent at Grandma/Grandpa's. Date night for Mommy/Daddy
*Board Game night
*Weird spaghetti dinner with random utensils (this is a family favorite!)
*Scavenger Hunt leading to a note saying that we are going to the movies
*Christmas Eve Service
*Invite friends to go sledding
*Make cards for those serving in the military and shut-ins
*Shaving Cream snow scenes on the kitchen table.
*Tuba Concert (Oakdale Mall outside J.C. Penney Dec. 12, 1:00 for anyone interested)
*Christmas around the world- Pick a country on the map, research how that country celebrates Christmas, make a Christmas treat from one of the Countries.
*Hot Chocolate Buffet & Movie
*Make Christmas Wreaths, Secretly give some away
*Make snowman and santa pancakes
*Kids Choice (kids get to choose the activity)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts! Thanks for commenting!