Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Crab Quiche

I made my first quiche tonight. It turned out pretty good. I found a recipe for crab quiche at  http://www.allrecipes.com and tweaked it a little. Most of my cooking is done by tweaking.

Here is my variation of crab quiche, I included the original ingredients in parenthesis
1/2 cup low fat plain yogurt (the recipe called for mayo)
2 Tbsp. flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 cup crab meat
1 cup cubed Colby/montery jack cheese (recipe called for swiss)
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1 unbaked pie crust
Additional ingredients I added: 2 tsp. minced garlic, 1 tsp. ground red pepper
Combine yogurt, flour, egg and milk until blended, add remaining ingredients. Pour into pie crust and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
I used this recipe for the pie shell. It was the easiest thing I’ve ever made. It was flaky and tasted great
Super Easy Pie Crust
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. white sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. milk
Combine all ingredients right in the pie pan (!!!, yeah, I know, right in the pan) Press up the sides and bottom. Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
And now, the reviews from my toughest critics…
It's Yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts! Thanks for commenting!