Friday, May 11, 2012

Girl's Night Out...Alternately titled, "Soggy Fish Sticks"

Niyah and I decided that yesterday's grocery day was going to be "Girls' Night Out".
We decided to drive 45 minutes away to my favorite grocery store, Wegman's. 
Shopping while sipping on latte's and hot chocolate is divine. 


After getting groceries, we headed to the car. I handed Niyah the keys so she could get in the car while I loaded stuff in the trunk. All of a sudden she starts crying. I ask what's wrong and she says, "I just broke the key off in the door." 

We called Daddy to come rescue us with a spare key, hoping that my fish sticks in the trunk didn't turn soggy and thanking God that I decided against buying ice cream. 
What did we do while waiting for 45 minutes?
We sat on a bench, listened to music and talked in funny accents to each other when people walked by. 
Once we were finally on our way home, we stopped at Mickey D's for a soda. We hadn't even pulled out of the parking lot when Niyah dumped hers all over her lap. 
Poor girl. I told her as she was climbing into bed last night at midnight.
"Baby, we will laugh about this tomorrow." And we are. 

1 comment:

I love hearing your thoughts! Thanks for commenting!