Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Little Blessings :: Obedience

I am blessed to have obedient children. 
They do what they are told, when they are told to do it. 
When they are denied a toy at the store, there is no tantrum throwing. 
They say, "ok" and calmly walk away. 

While at the Monster Truck Show on Sunday, Niyah saw a booth that was doing "Sand Art".
For $5, you could fill a tiny jar with layers of sand to take home. 
Not wanting to spend $15 on 3 tiny jars of sand, I told her no. 
I could see her disappointment, but there was no scowl and not a word was said. 
I believe it was no accident that I stumbled upon instructions for making "Sand Art" today. 
Using supplies already in our cupboard, I surprised the kids with a fun project as a reward for being obedient. 

We dumped some salt on a piece of paper and rolled sidewalk chalk over the salt.
Yeah, we did it on the coffee table. I figured I could vacuum salt as easily as sweep it.



It turned the salt pretty colors.


Then we poured the salt from the paper into a jelly size mason jar.



So pretty!

1 comment:

  1. wow! that is pretty! I bet my girls would love that too! Did it take a long time to turn the sand colors?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! Thanks for commenting!