Last week after church I decided to become one of those "Sunday Afternoon Drivers" and travel in search of some Fall scenery. I drove down an old dirt road and was able to take a few very nice pictures.
On my way back home, I saw a cat that had been hit by a car next to the side of the road. As I passed, I saw something move. I backed up and saw two little kittens standing next to their deceased Mama.
My heart just broke. These little helpless kittens would most likely have the same fate if left next to the busy road. I pulled over and got out, telling myself that if they would come to me, I would take them home.
They let me scoop them up into my arms. They rode on my lap the rest of the way home.
I am so thankful that Nick is understanding of my love for critters. He said they could stay.
They have been named Midnight and Sunshine. It's amazing how two little orphaned kittens have brought so much joy and laughter to our home.
I am hoping that our whole family will come away
with a great life lesson from rescuing Midnight and Sunshine, and not just regarding animals. We need to care for all of God's creation. It would have been so easy for me to just keep driving when I saw those kittens. However, we can't just turn our heads and look the other way when we see a situation that might inconvenience us.
with a great life lesson from rescuing Midnight and Sunshine, and not just regarding animals. We need to care for all of God's creation. It would have been so easy for me to just keep driving when I saw those kittens. However, we can't just turn our heads and look the other way when we see a situation that might inconvenience us.
We have an obligation to help others, especially those that can't help themselves.
Matthew 25:40
“‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’"
There has been an issue in the news lately regarding too many people that kept silent when they should have spoke up, when they looked the other way rather than get involved.
It makes me think of a quote by Edmund Burke,
"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
May I never "do nothing".







No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing your thoughts! Thanks for commenting!