Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hurricane Sandy delayed our trick or treat plans for about a week. 
But we got 'R Done! 
Halloween is so much fun! We love dressing up and showing our creative sides. 
The kids usually run to their closets or my craft boxes rather than ask for a store bought costume.
I love how unique they are when designing their costumes. 

Alex cut up a pair of my old pants for a "ripped up battle look"
He added a few weapons and became a warrior!

Niyah took a tutu that I made her, added a witches hat 
and became a "Witcherina"!

Nater took an old transformers costume that I think came from a yard sale,
added a sword and became a "Transformer Ninja Guy"!

Our friend Zack went trick or treating with us.
Zack was dressed as a chicken! 


Mommy picked up a dress and wig at the thrift store. Added a few of Niyah's stuffed kitties, and became...
A "Crazy Cat Lady"!

Out and about

Daddy dressed up as a tree!

War breaks out between the warrior and ninja. I wonder if they are fighting over the chicken?





Our very last stop was at the house of Zack's brother's Mother-in-Law.
Along with some yummy treats, she showed the kids how to spin wool into yarn.

On our way home, Daddy said to the crazy cat lady, "Wouldn't it be funny if you went to Walmart in your costume and starting filling a cart with cat food?"

So we did! 
(Don't worry, we put it all back. I don't have THAT many cats yet)


One thing about our family...
We sure know how to have fun together!