Friday, April 25, 2014

Odds and Ends

Our days are often filled with so much randomness...I love it. 
I am just going to share some random happenings around our home. 



It hailed the other day. Quite a bit. Some of them were about dime size. 
It was quite a sight.


Alex collected some of the hail after the storm was over. 

 Nater was behaving not too nicely yesterday, so I asked him if he needed to take a nap.
He said no, but I made him lay down on my bed while I folded clothes anyway. 
5 minutes later he was asleep. I guess Mommy does know best.

We are doing a botany unit for school.
Somewhere on the internet I saw where you could plant the top of a Pineapple and it would grow a new one on top. Well, as with anything you see on the internet, I am skeptical, but told the kids we could try it. 
Only time will tell if it works.




The kids set up a Lego ocean front city on Alex's bed the other day. 
The blue blanket is the ocean and the green blanket is the land.
They were super bummed when they had to move it at bed time. 

A couple weekends ago, we took the kids to the first Penny Social of the year.
Niyah's friend Julie went with us.
The Penny Social always has such yummy food. 


Looking over the various treasures. It's like a Chinese Auction version of a giant yard sale. 
And you never know what you're going to end up with. 
We go for the fun and even if we don't end up with anything, we always have a good time and are supporting our local community..usually the fire department or church. 

The kids love helping the callers hand out prizes. 

Grandpa was removing from weeds from the yard a couple days ago and Nater decided to help. 
He did such a good job. 


So, there you have it...some odds and ends from the past couple weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts! Thanks for commenting!