Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Camping

We enjoyed our first little camping get-away of the summer this week. We went to Ives Run State Park with Nick's Mom and sister. 

We hiked up the mountain and back down..about a 5 mile round trip. 

Deciding which way to go. 

Crossing the creek. 

King of the Hill

Posing with Grandma 

Felicia

 The Statue Of Liberty

Nater found a new little buddy. 


What do you think could have possibly done this?

Porcupines! There were porcupine quills ALL over the ground under the sign.
My cousin just told me that the porcupines chew the signs for the minerals  in the metal. 

The back of the sign. 

After reaching top! Keep in mind, we just hiked 2.5 miles up the side of a mountain. It's not pretty.



Looking at the mountain from the other side of the lake. 

Made with love by Nater

I think Nick is drying his feet by the campfire. 
  
There were some acrobatic moments. 



Felicia and Nater 

Seaweed zombie! RUN! 

Playing tag

Nick taking his Mom fishing

Alex helping Nater bait his hook. 

Alex with his fish

Fishing together

Nick taking Felicia and Niyah out on the canoe. 

There was a man made osprey nest on the Sate Park grounds. She was nesting today.  

I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked. I missed the bike rides, the late night stories and other silly moments.. like frying eggs and pancakes on tin foil, with no pan and no spatula because I forgot them at home. We got very good at improvising. Did you know you could make coffee with just tinfoil? I do now. But there will always be another camping trip. That's the one thing I love about summer.... planning the next camping trip.



1 comment:

  1. You have a beautiful family!
    And this is really random, but I noticed your water bottle because I have the same one from AbundantHealth. Do you use Young Living oils?
    PA is beautiful. Your pictures brought back good memories; that's where my husband and I honeymooned 13 years ago!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! Thanks for commenting!