Our 4th of July weekend started out very fun.
We spent Friday night gathering with family and friends for a BBQ and fireworks.
Saturday, we made matching tee-shirts to wear to the local Independence Day parade.
The kids met "Ben Franklin" at our library the other day. He read a story and the kids colored pictures. "Ben" hung them up for all to see at the craft store.
Waiting for the parade to start.
Even Niyah's hair was patriotic.
After the parade there was a small ceremony at the courthouse honoring our county's veterans and P.O.W.'s.
Later in the evening we visited the Bradford County Veteran's Memorial Park that is in the process of being built.
I wish I could say that our weekend was all fun, but unfortunately it wasn't. After we returned home on Saturday evening, we received a call that my Uncle Gary had passed away unexpectedly.
I am so thankful that we got to spend time with him when he and Aunt Merna visited last month.
He will be missed greatly.


















I like the way Niyah's hair is done!
ReplyDelete