Sunday, September 7, 2008

Can We keep It?

Nick took the kids for a walk last night to give me a little smidgen of peace and quiet (and believe me that’s all I get). They walked around the block, and upon returning home, they had a little black and white kitten tagging along behind. Nick said he thought he remembered where he first saw her, so inspite of the kid’s whining and pleading, he took her to where he thought was home, about 1/4 of a mile away (it’s a big block). During the middle of the night, I thought I heard kitten sounds coming from outside the bedroom window. I woke up this morning to find this face staring at me from the doorstep….
How could you not love that face. I guess she wanted us. :)  We kept her locked in the bathroom until after church. The kids and I drove around the block to the house where we thought she lived. Apparantly, this lady didn’t want the kitten anymore so she threw it outside. So, we all made sad puppy faces at Daddy until he said we could  keep her.
We are having so much fun with her. Alex has named her Button.
Here she is sleeping while holding a little beanie baby cat that ironically looks just like her.
On another note, I did Niyah’s hair in the rag curls last night and this is how she looked for church today.

   And  after jumping on the trampoline..talk about static! She is sitting still and there is no wind. Just lots of static electricity. Now all I have to do is figure how to harness some of that to power my house. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts! Thanks for commenting!