What a crazy few days we have had around here. Monday was my grandma’s funeral, which went very well (as well as be expected). It seems that the only time our entire family gets together is for a funeral. I enjoyed seeing my family that lives so far away, although wishing it was under happier circumstances.
Yesterday, I had to make a trip to the dentist with Niyah. It’s 2 hours one way. She had to have three teeth pulled. I got lost on the way home, and we had to pull over every 10 minutes to change her gauze. What an ordeal. In case you’re wondering why she had to have her teeth pulled… She has what is called baby bottle syndrome, which is where the front 4 teeth decay rapidly. Usually it’s caused by the child going to sleep with their bottle or having it until they are a toddler, but in our case, it’s genetic. Alex had it, and my niece also had it. Both my mom and I have super sensitive and easily cavitied teeth. I’m not sure if I would have gotten the baby bottle syndrome as a kid or not. When I was a year old, I fell and knocked out my 4 front teeth. My children’s teeth are brushed religiously, so it’s not from lack of dental hygiene. Fortunately, somehow Nater has been overlooked by this dreaded disease. His teeth are perfect.
Anyway, Alex’s home school books came yesterday, so today will be spent getting organized. I am so excited. I feel like I get to learn right along with him. Believe it or not, there are a few thing in these first grade books that I didn’t know or have forgotten.
And, since I hate doing a post without pictures, I will leave you with some picture of our family volleyball game played in July. I will not tell which side won, because it is just a game meant for fun and winning shouldn’t matter (which obviously means that my side lost)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing your thoughts! Thanks for commenting!