We celebrated Niyah's 9th Birthday on the day after Christmas.
It was quite a feat getting a party together so soon after a holiday, not to mention a vacation.
But we did it and in my opinion it was a big success.
The only thing I would do differently is have someone designated to be "party photographer".
I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked.
Here's our Birthday Girl!
Grandma and Grandpa's garage was the perfect spot for a large winter gathering.
I hung tissue paper pompoms that I made from the ceiling along with giant stars from the Dollar Store.
The theme of Niyah's party was "ART" !!!
Niyah is a fantastic artist, and at 9 years old, I think she is very advanced for her age.
I wanted to do a fun art project with the kids, so I filled some small containers with different colored paint, placed a piece of poster board in a large tote and let the kids dip a bouncy ball in the paint and then bounce or roll it in the tote. I had the kids wear rubber gloves to keep the mess to a minimum.
We ended up with some beautiful works of art.
Niyah received an easel for her birthday. We set it up and she gave us a demonstration of her artistic talents.
Niyah drew a picture of Garfield for us.
For the party favors, I bought brown paper lunch bags, brought out a ton of my craft supplies and let the kids go wild decorating their own goodie bags. We then filled them with treats.
And unfortunately this was the only picture of the craft table.
I made a birthday wreath for Niyah. It hung above the main table at the party. I used the pieces of fabric left from making the wreath by draping them across the cake table to create a rainbow tablecloth.
You can see a glimpse of it in the picture below.
Happy Birthday Niyah!
We love you!
This was such a great party and such great activities!! We had a good time and I can't wait to steal this idea when my girls are older! :)
ReplyDelete