During Advent, one of our activities was "Do a Random Act of Kindness for Someone".
We had so much fun planning what we were going to do, we said, "Why should giving and doing special little things for people be reserved only for Christmas time?"
We are hoping to do at least one Act of Kindness a week during 2012.
I am not posting this to "toot my own horn", but just to share an idea and mostly to keep myself accountable.
If it's on my blog, I better follow through. :)
Our first RAK (Random Act of Kindness) was to make up a care package for a little girl fighting cancer.
We went to the dollar store and I let each of the kids pick out something to put in the package. I added a few more things like stickers, markers and notebooks.
Those little heart shaped things are containers. Niyah and I wrote little encouraging notes to put in each of them, such as "You are SO special" and "God Loves You".
I want my kids to grow up wanting to help others and to know that a little kindness goes a long way in making the world a better place.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing your thoughts! Thanks for commenting!