Friday, September 19, 2014

Ugh...

I like to tell myself that I am using my blog as a family journal of sorts.
I like to keep everything as upbeat and happy as I can...I mean, who wants to read the opposite?
Well, I guess if I am keeping it real, I will just tell it like it is. 

We lost our kitty last night. 
We took Sunshine and Midnight to a rabies clinic to get their shots. 
Upon arriving, Sunshine bolted out of her kennel (which accidentally didn't get latched all the way).
Alex ran after her as fast as he could, but couldn't catch her. 
We looked and looked in the woods next to the building. 
As soon as we got home, I made up fliers, called the local animal shelter, and a couple nearby businesses to have them be on the look out. 
I want to be optimistic and believe that she will return home safe and sound, but knowing her skittish personality, I doubt she will let anyone close enough to her to be rescued. 
I won't lie to you, I spent most of last night in tears. 
This was my sweet little kitty that I rescued from the side of the road 2 years ago (you can read that story here). 
To have something like this happen just breaks my heart. 
Most people don't understand my affection for God's furry creation. 
Until we find her, I am praying that she will stay safe, well fed and out of harm's way. 
We miss you Sunshine! 













Yesterday, in anticipation of their upcoming vet appointment, I was attempting to keep both kitties inside so I knew where they were when it was time to leave. 
Sunshine was not happy about it. She loves to be outside. 
She stood by the door and meowed for quite a while and then finally gave up.
She hopped up on my (unmade) bed and just plopped down in a "Fine, I'll stay put." kind of way. It was so cute that I grabbed my camera...taking what could possibly be the last 2 pictures I will ever have of her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts! Thanks for commenting!