Monday, September 30, 2013

Dear Grandma

Dear Grandma,
      I never thought I would be able to make it through your funeral yesterday, but I did. I also never thought I would be able to get up and speak, but I did. So did Alex and Niyah. You would have been so proud of them. They both spoke with such love for you. 
      The funeral home put Niyah's painting that she made for you on display right up front. Everyone thought it was beautiful. So many people came to celebrate your life. The words they spoke about you warmed my heart. They all agreed that you were the sweetest, kindest lady they had ever met. When the time came to pay tribute, there were mentions of plucking chickens, of macaroni and cheese and of your chili. Oh that Chili. Billy even handed out copies of that recipe to anyone that would like one. 
    Gram, your heart would feel so full at all the kind deeds that have been done for us in your honor. Meals, cards, kind words and prayers. 
Nater's sweet little buddy Tyler came to the viewing with his family. Tyler and his brother Isaac drew some pictures for Nater. Nater's face just lit up when he saw his friend, he needed that after an emotional morning.

Mike and Steph had this beautiful Angel on display at the funeral. They gave it to me to take home. 
It is now sitting on a table in the living room. I will cherish it always. Whenever I look at it, I think of you. 






Oh Gram, I miss you so much already. The kids do too. It is so weird to go up to Mom's and look down into your room and not see you there. 
But we know that you are having a grand time in heaven.

We Love You So Much!