Friday, September 27, 2013

Grandma went home to be with Jesus yesterday morning. I had a weird feeling all morning that it was going to happen soon. Every time the phone rang, I would cringe. 
Then as soon as I saw Mom's cell phone number on the caller id, I knew. 
Mom said she went so peacefully. It was time. 
I know Jesus was waiting on the other side with open arms. 

Nick was at work, but as soon as Alex and Niyah heard me crying, they knew also. 
We spent some time just hugging each other. 
Nater doesn't quite understand. He kept saying how much he was worried about Grandma. 
I had a dear friend let me borrow a couple books that she thought would be helpful.
I love the "Tell Me About Eternity" book. It tells the story of an important day for 2 people, one being born and the other one dying. Both entering a new world into welcoming arms. 
We are going to read both books with the kids. One tonight and the other tomorrow night. 

I never want us to forget Grandma. I wrote yesterday about some of my memories. 
I "found" another tonight while walking through Walmart.
They had just put out a big display of Halloween candy, and right there in the middle was a huge box of popcorn balls. Popcorn balls were Grandma's candy of choice when it came to goodies for the kids on Halloween. She always asked Mom to look for popcorn balls. 
I think that is a tradition that I will keep going. 

While waiting in the checkout line, Niyah said, "I'll bet Grandma is having a great time already."
I'm sure she is.