Grandma is in the hospital with pneumonia. Mom and Dad called the ambulance for her on Sunday night. She had a mild heart attack while in the hospital and seems to be going downhill.
We stopped in to see her tonight. She couldn't speak. her arms were strapped to the bed because she keeps pulling out her IV. It was so painful to see her in this condition. Alex and Niyah were able to go in and see Grandma. Nater is too young. Grandma had her eyes closed the entire time we were in there. She kept making noises, so I couldn't tell if she was awake or not. I told her that we were there and said each of us that were in the room said our names. Grandma started to mumble something, so I leaned closer. Then it came out as clear as day..."Nate". She was asking for Nater. She knew that Alex and Niyah were in the room, but didn't hear Nater's name. We said, "Yes, Nater is here at the hospital too." That was the only word she said while we were there tonight. I about started crying right then and there.
Grandma is so dear to me. Right now I don't know if she will be coming home.
On the way home, we stopped and grabbed some donuts and hot cocoa mix.
It helped get the kids' minds off things.