Tuesday, February 11, 2014

On Roughing It

I love camping.
Sleeping under the stars, cooking over a campfire, laying in a hammock...all sound better than staying in a 5 star hotel to me. 
As much as I like roughing it, I prefer to do it in the summer time. 
We have been roughing it the last 2 weeks. We had a water pipe freeze and then break. 
Due to Nick's work schedule, this past weekend was the first chance he had to fix it. He ended up replacing all the water lines in the entire house (it was long over due). 
We finally have running water. I definitely take the convenience of indoor plumbing for granted. I don't know how many times I went to turn it on without thinking only to be disappointed by my forgetfulness. I am thankful for Mom and Dad next door..dishes, showers, drinking water, etc. 
I am also thankful for old milk cans. They hold a lot of water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts! Thanks for commenting!