Sunday, December 25, 2011

New York City: Part 2....The Subway

The Subway is by far the easiest way to get around NYC and contrary to the reputation it has gotten, it is not as bad as it sounds. I had no reservations taking my kids on the subway. 
There was never a moment that I did not feel safe.
I do believe the Subway was Nater's favorite part. As soon as we got off, he would ask to get back on.
{First Time In The Subway}

There was no shortage of entertainment in the subway. 
There were people entertaining just for the sake of entertaining and there were others
that had boxes or open violin cases for donations.
We saw a Mime...
Musicians...


There were college students playing the flute and
an elderly man singing "Amazing Grace" that moved me to tears and sent shivers down my spine.

Different areas of the Subway had some amazing artwork also.
Mosaics lined one wall.



By the time our trip was over, my kids were old pros at using the subway.
They each had their own Metro Card and said they felt like true "New Yorkers".


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts! Thanks for commenting!