Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New York City: Part 4...Rockefeller Center and Fifth Avenue

The first night we were in NYC, we decided to walk down 5th Avenue to see all the stores with their spectacular light displays for Christmas. 

The kids got a kick out of seeing the Plaza Hotel since we had just watched Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.

There were so many neat fountains and sculptures.


If you take your kids to NYC, you HAVE to visit FAO Schwarz!
{This toy soldier outside the store was just about as enthused as the children}

{Going Up}

Upon arriving at this area of the toy store, I had 2 little boys who just about could not contain themselves.

The Lego sculptures were nothing short of amazing. 



And then we spied IT. IT being the giant piano!
The next few pictures are blurry, I could not get my little ones to stop moving. 


 At one point, they had all the kids hop off while two of the employees got on and performed a few songs. 
They were fantastic! 


After we left FAO, we continued walking down 5th Ave. 
Past Trump Tower...all decorated for Christmas.


 And then, all of a sudden I told the kids to glance to their right. 


The Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree.






1 comment:

  1. This is awesome.. you keep posting about NYC and I'm going to have to go visit!! Looks SO COOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! Thanks for commenting!